Asset management solutions To support your business objectives
Achieve greater efficiency in asset management by managing all your asset types on a single platform.
Obtain an entirely new level of asset awareness
Every company knows it is crucial to care for the critical assets the company depends on, whether they include a fleet of trucks or a plant full of production equipment. To meet the specific needs of different asset types, organizations have traditionally relied on multiple software solutions. These solutions, however, provide only a partial view of an organization’s total enterprise assets, making it difficult to identify areas for performance improvement. As a result, organizations don’t have the asset visibility they need to achieve the operational excellence they seek.
IBM Maximo® Asset Management takes the power, performance and possibilities of asset management to an entirely new level.
Built on a single software platform, Maximo Asset Management delivers a comprehensive view of all asset types — production, facilities, transportation and IT — across your enterprise. This holistic perspective allows you to see all of your assets, as well as identify all of the untapped potential within them. You gain the knowledge and control you need to closely align your organization’s goals with the overall goals of your business.
Get everything you need to optimize your assets and your business
Consisting of six key management modules — asset, work, service, contract, materials and procurement management — Maximo Asset Management is the only solution you need to optimize the performance of every asset. To help maximize return on assets, Maximo Asset Management enables you to develop comprehensive programs for preventive, predictive, routine and unplanned maintenance. Together, these programs contribute to your goals of reducing costs and increasing asset uptime.
When you use Maximo Asset Management to help maximize the performance and lifetime value of complex assets and closely align them with your overall business strategy, you help:
• Improve return on assets.
• Decrease costs and risk.
• Increase productivity.
• Improve asset-related decision making.
• Increase asset service delivery responsiveness and revenue.
• Facilitate regulatory compliance efforts.
• Lower total cost of ownership.
Get everything you need to optimize your assets and your business
Consisting of six key management modules — asset, work, service, contract, materials
and procurement management — Maximo Asset Management is the only solution you
need to optimize the performance of every asset. To help maximize return on assets,
Maximo Asset Management enables you to develop comprehensive programs for
preventive, predictive, routine and unplanned maintenance. Together, these programs
contribute to your goals of reducing costs and increasing asset uptime.
Turn knowledge into decision making power and
Maximo Asset Management effectively captures and analyzes your asset and work data. To help you optimize maintenance and service initiatives throughout your enterprise, advanced capabilities in six key areas of asset management deliver knowledge and control:
All the control you need to seamlessly track and manage asset and location data throughout its entire life cycle.
• Track asset detail — including location, work and cost history — over time to help maximize productivity and extend asset life.
• Establish location and asset hierarchies to roll up costs across systems, subsystems and locations, and also obtain a complete understanding of asset costs.
• Monitor asset and location conditions to enable proactive — rather than reactive — maintenance that helps decrease unplanned downtime.
• Extend asset coverage to IT assets through IBM Tivoli® Asset Management for IT, and achieve a deeper awareness of all your critical assets and their interdependencies.
Manage both planned and unplanned maintenance activities, from initial work request and work order generation through completion and recording of actuals. Work planners can match job tasks to available resources, estimate and obtain approval of costs, establish priorities and initiate maintenance activities across the enterprise.
• Tracking tools enable detailed analysis of resources, materials, and equipment use and costs — helping decrease labor and materials costs.
• Graphical assignment manager helps optimize maintenance schedules and labor use, assigning the right person with the right skills to the right job.
• Preventive maintenance (PM) functionality allows you to put PM schedules in place with the right job steps and resource requirements, helping you with your planning and your technicians with their work, to reduce unplanned downtime and reactive maintenance.
Allow end users to submit new service requests, as well as track and update open service requests. Apply additional service management best practices through IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager and further align
asset management goals and priorities in a manner that best supports overall business objectives. By infusing comprehensive service level management into your asset management practice, you can:
• Define service offerings to help improve organizational communication and verify that the services provided are those required to support the business.
• Establish service level agreements (SLAs) to help increase communication between your organization and the business units, and help align service levels with business objectives.
• Monitor service level delivery proactively against metrics to avoid missing service level commitments.
• Implement escalation procedures to properly manage resources to achieve service level commitments.
Have enhanced control over your vendor contracts with this integrated contract management system. Provide comprehensive contract management support for purchase, lease, rental, warranty, labor rate, master, blanket and user-defined contracts.
• Contract correlation links SLAs to vendor contracts, helping you identify unreliable vendors and low-quality products. It also enables you to reference SLA performance metrics when renegotiating vendor terms.
• A terms and conditions library allows you to consistently apply standardized policies across the organization.
• Automatic notifications and alerts help you meet vendor terms, avoid penalties and get the most value out of every contract.
Know everything — what, when, where, how much and how valuable — about asset-related materials and their usage.
Materials management functionality records all material movements and adjustments, allowing for real-time material tracking, reporting and auditing.
• Track inventory transactions to help streamline parts and materials management and decrease costs by eliminating excess or obsolete inventory.
• Help optimize and plan inventory to meet maintenance demand precisely, making the right parts available at the right location when needed. As a result, you help reduce stock-outs, inventory shrinkage and carrying costs, as well as achieve economies of scale through shared resources.
Support all phases of enterprise wide procurement, including direct purchasing and inventory replenishment.
You can provide buyers with extensive requisition, quotation, vendor, purchase order and contract capabilities, thereby allowing them to plan work more proactively. Maximo Asset Management easily integrates with enterprise business systems from vendors such as Oracle and SAP, and also connects to online market places and exchanges.
• Vendor management and vendor performance analysis tools eliminate costly off-contract buying, as well as verify the reliability of vendors and the quality of materials and services.
• Automated interval-based, meter based or event-driven purchasing capabilities help you order the right parts and services at exactly the right time, improving purchasing process efficiency.
• Global purchasing support enables group purchasing savings and efficiencies, and helps lower sourcing costs.
• Analysis tools and key performance indicators (KPIs) measure procurement performance such as order processing times, invoice accuracy and order delivery.
Adapt to your unique needs
No matter the size of your company, number of sites or variety of locations, Maximo Asset Management can help you manage all of your unique asset management business processes. Based on a flexible business process configuration model, Maximo Asset Management easily adapts to your changing business needs, protecting your investment — today and tomorrow.
Built on a Java™ Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) component-based Internet architecture, Maximo Asset Management seamlessly fits in any modern enterprise technology infrastructure and integrates easily with your business systems. The adaptable underlying technologies within Maximo Asset Management make it easy to tailor without programming, keeping you from being locked in from one application release to another. Its service oriented architecture (SOA) and alignment to your business processes help you work the way you want to work, while having information visibility across the enterprise. The following additional options extend Maximo Asset Management capabilities and help you further reduce costs, facilitate compliance efforts and achieve operating efficiencies.
IBM Maximo Change Manager
Enjoy fully integrated, comprehensive change and release management for your assets. Policy administration, process management and planning capabilities help increase the speed, efficiency and consistency of changes while helping minimize business risk.
Plus, release management capabilities enable you to define the tasks, schedules and resources required to release authorized versions and asset configurations into the production environment.
IBM Maximo Mobile
Remotely access Maximo Asset Management data while offline or online. Increase your workforce productivity, accuracy and quality at any location or environment with mobile Maximo applications, and promote your safety initiatives. Mobile workers can complete more planned work, eliminate nonproductive activities and reduce paperwork and data entry. In addition, having immediate data access onsite leads to higher first-time fix rates. Mobile applications support your remote-asset, workforce and inventory management needs.
IBM Maximo Asset Navigator
This Web-based graphical system provides instant access to detailed parts and equipment illustrations, diagrams, drawings and related documentation. A highly navigable association among locations, assets and parts easily guides you to the asset information you need, helping you quickly identify and select the correct parts for your work and procurement processes, and thereby improve overall performance and accuracy and manage your safety program.
IBM Maximo Adapter for Microsoft Project
Implement bidirectional connectivity between Maximo Asset Management and Microsoft® Project to deliver comprehensive access to work and resource data from Maximo Asset Management for anyone who uses Microsoft Project for scheduling and planning. View, plan and optimize Maximo Asset Management work and resources together with Microsoft Project schedules, allowing you to manage complex, enterprise-wide projects. The adapter automatically updates work, resources and schedules in Maximo Asset Management.
IBM Maximo Calibration
Effectively manage the calibration if your test and measurement tools, assets and instrumentation. This product delivers comprehensive policy compliance documentation, data validation, traceability and reverse traceability for calibrated assets, as well as the standards that are used to calibrate them.
IBM Maximo Asset Configuration Manager
This advanced solution is for complex asset management in highly regulated environments such as aviation, defense, nuclear and rail industries. Its active configuration repository accurately tracks and maintains current and historical configurations of assets and their components. You can manage and maintain accurate asset configuration states, component life accounting and equipment operational status.
IBM Maximo Enterprise Adapters
Integrate Maximo Asset Management with Oracle, SAP and all of your enterprise systems such as Computer Aided Facility Management (CAFM), Customer Information System (CIS), Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Web portals for a more holistic view of all of your asset information.
Maximo Enterprise Adapters help simplify and speed deployment and support of ongoing, real-time data exchange between systems. A library of predefined integrations supports various integration scenarios typically found between Maximo Asset Management and enterprise business systems. Leverage the platform-level services definition and provisioning using Web services and achieve true SOA-based enterprise collaboration.
IBM Maximo e-commerce Adapter
Facilitate e-commerce between Maximo Asset Management and supplier systems and electronic marketplaces.
A comprehensive e-commerce infrastructure allows buyers to browse multiple supplier catalogs, place orders on multiple marketplaces or directly with suppliers, check order status and process supplier invoices electronically.
Real-time product information,availability and pricing help increase accuracy and planning.
IBM Maximo Online Commerce System
This Internet-based supply chain management solution lets you collaborate with suppliers, partners and other electronic marketplaces.
Powerful catalog search capabilities and real-time electronic updates with suppliers streamline and optimize
parts and services procurement process. Comprehensive supplier enablement capability allows your suppliers to easily participate in your electronic supply chain network