Turn knowledge into decision making power and asset performance
Maximo Asset Management effectively captures and analyzes your asset and work data. To help you optimize maintenance and service initiatives throughout your enterprise, advanced capabilities in six key areas of asset management deliver knowledge and control:
All the control you need to seamlessly track and manage asset and location data throughout its entire life cycle.
• Track asset detail — including location, work and cost history — over time to help maximize productivity and extend asset life.
• Establish location and asset hierarchies to roll up costs across systems, subsystems and locations, and also obtain a complete understanding of asset costs.
• Monitor asset and location conditions to enable proactive — rather than reactive — maintenance that helps decrease unplanned downtime.
• Extend asset coverage to IT assets through IBM Tivoli® Asset Management for IT, and achieve a deeper awareness of all your critical assets and their interdependencies.
Manage both planned and unplanned maintenance activities, from initial work request and work order generation through completion and recording of actuals. Work planners can match job tasks to available resources, estimate and obtain approval of costs, establish priorities and initiate maintenance activities across the enterprise.
• Tracking tools enable detailed analysis of resources, materials, and equipment use and costs — helping decrease labor and materials costs.
• Graphical assignment manager helps optimize maintenance schedules and labor use, assigning the right person with the right skills to the right job.
• Preventive maintenance (PM) functionality allows you to put PM schedules in place with the right job steps and resource requirements, helping you with your planning and your technicians with their work, to reduce unplanned downtime and reactive maintenance.
Allow end users to submit new service requests, as well as track and update open service requests. Apply additional service management best practices through IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager and further align
asset management goals and priorities in a manner that best supports overall business objectives. By infusing comprehensive service level management into your asset management practice, you can:
• Define service offerings to help improve organizational communication and verify that the services provided are those required to support the business.
• Establish service level agreements (SLAs) to help increase communication between your organization and the business units, and help align service levels with business objectives.
• Monitor service level delivery proactively against metrics to avoid missing service level commitments.
• Implement escalation procedures to properly manage resources to achieve service level commitments.
Have enhanced control over your vendor contracts with this integrated contract management system. Provide comprehensive contract management support for purchase, lease, rental, warranty, labor rate, master, blanket and user-defined contracts.
• Contract correlation links SLAs to vendor contracts, helping you identify unreliable vendors and low-quality products. It also enables you to reference SLA performance metrics when renegotiating vendor terms.
• A terms and conditions library allows you to consistently apply standardized policies across the organization.
• Automatic notifications and alerts help you meet vendor terms, avoid penalties and get the most value out of every contract.
Know everything — what, when, where, how much and how valuable — about asset-related materials and their usage.
Materials management functionality records all material movements and adjustments, allowing for real-time material tracking, reporting and auditing.
• Track inventory transactions to help streamline parts and materials management and decrease costs by eliminating excess or obsolete inventory.
• Help optimize and plan inventory to meet maintenance demand precisely, making the right parts available at the right location when needed. As a result, you help reduce stock-outs, inventory shrinkage and carrying costs, as well as achieve economies of scale through shared resources.
Support all phases of enterprise wide procurement, including direct purchasing and inventory replenishment.
You can provide buyers with extensive requisition, quotation, vendor, purchase order and contract capabilities, thereby allowing them to plan work more proactively. Maximo Asset Management easily integrates with enterprise business systems from vendors such as Oracle and SAP, and also connects to online market places and exchanges.
• Vendor management and vendor performance analysis tools eliminate costly off-contract buying, as well as verify the reliability of vendors and the quality of materials and services.
• Automated interval-based, meter based or event-driven purchasing capabilities help you order the right parts and services at exactly the right time, improving purchasing process efficiency.
• Global purchasing support enables group purchasing savings and efficiencies, and helps lower sourcing costs.
• Analysis tools and key performance indicators (KPIs) measure procurement performance such as order processing times, invoice accuracy and order delivery.